B M
Bernie Murray

4 years ago
I set the pullover up for a crew neck but now I want to do a mock neck. Would it make sense to do the backside front and back and then attach the collar or will that not allow enough head room?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Hi Bernie,
I'm not sure what you are asking....
B M
Bernie Murray

4 years ago
Sure, let me try to rewrite my question. I want to make a mock neck collar. It seems to me the collar in the pattern for a standard crew neck will be too low in the front. So, to modify, do I do the same as the back, or do I decrease the depth of the front to what point?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Ah!  Now I understand.... So you are thinking of knitting then neckline like this?mock_neck.jpg

If you knit 2 back pieces, you'll have a bit of a shape (like the drawing) 1" down in both front and back.  IMHO that would be more comfortable than no neck shaping at all.

BUT ... you could also use choose a crew neck style and use Perfect Fit to drop the front neck the exact depth you want.

mock_neck1.jpg 

B M
Bernie Murray

4 years ago
Yes, I was thinking of when doing the crew neck it would be weird to have the front lower than the back for a mock neck. So what I was thinking would work. Thanks for the feedback!
J G
Joy Green

4 years ago
Hi Bernice, can you please add a photo when it's finished, as I'm not sure what you mean by a mock neck? 
Thank you
Joy 🙂 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC