C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
Hi my name is Catherine I am returning to machine knitting after about 20 years. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Hoping to relearn all my old skills. Am also a dedicated hand knitter and all things crafty
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Hello, Catherine from Ireland,
I am Sandee from Washington State, USA. 
Welcome to the fold!  (You are in the home of one of my favorite all-time authors, Maeve Binchy.)
I just got back into machine knitting in 2018 after an 8-year hiatus (working, of course).  And I haven't stopped for a moment since.  I love it so much.  I, too, was an avid hand-knitter (and crocheter), but sadly my hands have become a problem with the handwork, so I'm going like crazy with my knitting and embroidery machines and loving it like crazy.  Looking forward to following your (re)progress.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
HI Catherine! Welcome to our little group!

It's like riding a bike ... it will all come back to you quickly and you'll get back into the groove.

Happy Knitting!
Sue
V W
Virginia Wright

4 years ago
Good Morning Sandee from Washington State and Catherine from Ireland.  You both have inspired me to introduce myself.  I am Virginia from Washington State and I too am returning to machine knitting.  I also spend many hours with machine knitting and machine embroidery.  
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Hello, Virginia, from Washington State.  Where do you live?  I ask because I host a knitting meeting in the Auburn, Washington area that you might be interested in.
C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
Thanks for the welcome, I have spent some time in Washington State as we have friends that live in Snohomish and we visit every few years last there 2018. Also have read all Maeve Binchy books. Anyway managed to do two baby cardigans over the weekend on LK150 and set up my older machines. Looking forward to making a summer cardigan for myself (summer is only a concept here in Ireland).
C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
Welcome Virginia I like to embroider too though mostly black work. I still work full time so always trying to find extra time for hobbies or I should say passions!
j d
josephine donohoe

4 years ago
[QUOTE username=Catherine Healy  Catherine Healy userid=7074323 postid=1310821713]Hi my name is Catherine I am returning to machine knitting after about 20 years. 
Hi Catherine, 
I am a relatively new knitter also from Ireland/Dublin. I have learned a lot from Knit it Now but have a long way to go in order to be proficient. I have been unable to hook up with anyone in Ireland who machine knits so far so it is lovely to hear that someone else on the Island is doing it! 
I also do patchwork.
Enjoy getting back to the machine
Jo
C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
Hi Josephine good to hear from you, we seem to be a rare breed in Dublin sure enough. Good to know someone else is machine knitting.
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago

Our western Washington State weather was probably about like yours last year and I barely got to wear any of my summer-knitted tops!

D K
Dayana Knits

4 years ago
It’s the same here in coastal Maine. Summer is from July to September, and you always need a sweater (and a blanket probably) at night. I rarely knit summer wear because I have so a many sun dresses I’d rather get to during the short season!
C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
We definitely have a great climate for knitting cardigan needed all year round. I’ve been knitting socks lately by hand hoping to try on the machine over the weekend
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Do you already have a machine knit sock pattern? If not, I can send you one.
C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
No I don’t have a pattern would be great if you could send one please
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Could you send me your personal email?  Mine is:    SandeeCPA@msn.com.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Why  not use the Knit it Now sock patterns? ðŸ˜Š

https://www.knititnow.com/knit/patterns/16/mittens-and-socks
C P
Cynthia Price

4 years ago
welcome aboard. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113