j d
josephine donohoe

4 years ago
Hi everyone,
I have been gifted 1000 metres (200 grms) of Merino Superfine three ply Lana Grossa (Italian) wool.
I am wondering what can I knit with it...something other than a scarf ( I imagine I dont even have enough for a decent sized scarf) as it is truly beautiful. I dont want to knit something for a baby as I cannot imagine any mother having the time or energy to carefully handwash anything that I might knit.
Could I marry it with some other wool or maybe I will just have to go online and find a supplier to send me more.
I am relatively new to the knitting machine so am not too familiar with what weight of wool I need to knit a sweater...but I think it would be around 500 - 600 grams.
Thanks for any advice or signposts.
Josephine
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
2 recommendations for yarn usage:

1. This chart really comes in handy for estimating yarn "Knitters Handy Guide to Yarn requirements"
  2. You can also go to the Lana Grossa site (or Ravelry) and look at patterns designed for this yarn.  

Good luck!
M K
Mary Kint

4 years ago
There is a lovely, free, machine knit shawl pattern on ravelry. Two sizes. The smaller will do just fine with that amount of yarn on a mid gauge machine. Just finished one. I imagine a bulky machine would do ok also. The pattern is for a standard gauge. If you only have a standard machine, knit a loose tension, 8-9. Can’t remember what tension was used on the LK150, 3 or 5?  I helped a newby make it on her new machine..
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC