R B
Richard Brown

4 years ago
Hi everyone!

Do any of my fellow British machine knitters know of anywhere I can take my Brother 950i to get serviced and repaired?
It was working fine up until my recent move from Manchester to Telford, Shropshire. Now I'm struggling to even get it to cast on, no matter what method I try! On the rare occasion I can manage to cast on, it drops stitches all across the bed, seemingly randomly! Have tried cleaning and oiling it, replaced the spongebar with a spare I had to hand (despite having only changed it in May last year!), I even replaced some needles where the latches seemed a little less free-moving. Nothing has worked. I'm at a loss and need professional help! (well, the knitting machine does and maybe I will too as it's driving me bonkers!)

Thanks in advance!

Rich x
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Try https://www.daviddrummond.co.uk/.  I sent my Garter Carriage there for repair a couple of years ago.  Not cheap but a very good job done.

A couple of questions:  do you have the problem when just trying plain knitting without switching on the electronics?  And how old was the replacement sponge bar?   Have you been able to try it with a different carriage?

Jenny
J G
Joy Green

4 years ago
Hi Rich
Give Neil Collison a ring. He's in Norwich but might be able to help you over the phone.
Best regards 
Joy 
http://www.knittingmachinerepairs.co.uk/contact.php
A P
Ann Poprdan

4 years ago
Hi,  What cast on are you doing.  If you are doing the the weaving cast on, have you got the weaving brushes down.  Have you brought all the needles you want to working position then put alternate needles to hold position.  Thread the carriage, lay the tail over the extended needles.  Holding on to the end of the yarn tail, move the carriage to the left.  ( carriage on the right to start) nit back to the right, carefully.  Either hang the cast on comb or pull the needles out to hold position for the next few rows.  
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC