S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
@Millie Laurer is asking for help in copying files from her disk drive to DAK.

I don't have one and have never used one ... does anyone know of a reference for this process?
R M
Roseann Moss

3 years ago
I found a thread by Alexis Drewicki a subscriber with info on this by searching for DAK disk drive.  He referenced information he received in the forums BUT it did not show what he referenced.  Is there a way to track back to replies to his questions.  IF you search for Alexis Drewicki he has some interesting questions on this.  

I have all these goodies and would love to know too.
R M
Rhonda Morton

3 years ago
Charlene Shafer wrote book called Brother Disk to DAK Disk .  For KH 970, 965i, 940 and 930 Disks. It was written back when DAK 7 was out. Between that book and  the DAK8  manual you can do it . You have to upload all the 900 designs  from your machine and save them in a folder. Then delete them out of the knitting machine. Put your disk in the disk drive and download the designs in the knitting machine. Then upload the designs in DAK. If you can, make your folders first before you start this process. It is a good idea to think how you want to organize the designs you are about to save. You may want to save them by authors or by subjects - baby blankets,  animals, school  afghans, or whatever. Good Luck
K J
Kathy Johns

3 years ago
Eileen Montgomery gives very clear instructions on how to save Brother disk designs to DAK here.
http://eileenmontgomery.com/Freebies/DAK/savingbrotherdes.html
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC