J A
John Anderson

3 years ago
I have been hand knitting for almost a year now. I thoroughly enjoy it. Each spare moment (there aren't enough) is spent knitting. I have knit a long scarf made of Baby Blanket yarn for my son. I've made quite a few hats for my grand kids, a pair of baby booties, and more hats. I started the Odessa Knitters Guild in Washington state, look up our Facebook page. 

I currently work at a community college library and on the side I used to work on clocks and watches, then a year or so ago I was diagnosed with Vitelliform Macular Dystrophy. It has messed up my vision for seeing fine detail and thus I had to give up working on the clocks and watches.

I like to do things with my hands and I like to sit down relax and work on something and that's what working on the clocks and watches took care of. I had to find something else.  I remembered my mom knitted quite a lot, she was very good at it and that remembrance started me into knitting.

We did a field trip to a guild members house and she showed us her knitting machines.  I had been thinking of an Addi circular knitting machine, but after seeing her demonstration I decided on a flat bed machine instead.  I started with a Bond machine and now have a Brother KH230. I’m still getting the hang of the machine but it is great fun.  So far I have machine knit a couple of, what else, hats and I did attempt a baby vest from vague instructions on YouTube and it didn't turn out horrible, but it is now a cat vest.  I am going to try and knit the Kids One Piece Squirrel Cardi for my next project.  I've done the swatch and it matches up with the pattern.  We will see how it goes. 

Stay Calm and Knit on.

john
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi John!  Welcome to the world of machine knitting!
It sounds like your hand knitting experience and your mechanical knowledge will give you a leg up on your journey to master your machine

One thing ... remember you don't have to "match up" your gauge to our patterns.   You are in control! ðŸ˜Š  You ESTABLISH YOUR gauge and build your own custom pattern (backwards from the hand knitting world)

Happy Knitting!
C H
Catherine Healy

3 years ago
Welcome John, knitting is very addictive whether it’s hand or machine. Enjoy the journey
C P
Cynthia Price

3 years ago
Welcome I am looking forward to seeing you and your projects.  welcome to the world of machine knitting.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC