W T
Wilma Tammer

3 years ago
The white one is for about a 6mo.
The rose red is for a toddler of about 2yo.
The border is hand knitted from a pattern called Little Erantis Top On Ravelry.
A28E833B-9103-4B18-9599-0A536031B0DD.jpeg  FDC24E40-913C-4729-8DDD-5251D1658966.jpeg
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Beautful!  Thanks for sharing!

Here's the Ravelry Link
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
Lucky baby and lucky toddler getting them!

Jenny
J G
Joy Green

3 years ago
Hi Wilma
They are lovely!!
Joy :)
W T
Wilma Tammer

3 years ago

Thank you Sue, Jenny and Joy!
I love the top down construction. 

Is there a pattern ,outside’ the course? both times I went through the course to get to the pattern, not that it is a lot of trouble....� sometimes I’m a bit lazy, that’s all.

S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Nope, sorry ... the Upside Down Raglans are a different format for us.  Since we adopted all the sizes from Jodie's books, this was the only way we could create the pattern.  It's pretty complicated code .... don't have a shortcut. ðŸ˜•
W T
Wilma Tammer

3 years ago

Thank you Sue!!
It’s not a big problem and I gladly go through the course to create the pattern. One day I’ll know it by heart LOL

The sequence of the increases is the problem I know, still it’s fun to make them this way whenever you can use the pattern.

J K
Jane Kivlin

3 years ago
As  new machine knitter who is still mourning not being able to make the "5 hour baby sweater" because of arthritis, I'd love to know how a top down sweater like this is made. https://www.ravelry.com/projects/jkivlin/quick-baby-sweater  (over 150 made for friends and charity)   I'd be glad to buy the original pattern and the machine knitting version.

Is a tedious transfer of stitches involved when increases are made? 

There is an intriguing free video with a link on Ravelry about making a little raglan sweater like this in 2 pieces- front and back, with a seam down the top of the sleeves.   https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/raglan-in-one-piece-i-raglan  I tried it but the sleeve stitches are upside down and I thought it showed too much on my sample.  There are 3 projects which look cute in the pictures.  Since I make cardigan baby sweaters, it seemed to me that I could start the sweater at the front, make one sleeve and continue the technique to the back and then the other sleeve and other front.  Both sleeves would have  upside down stitches and the fronts and back would have right side up stitches.

Are there projects that intentionally use upside down stitches in machine knitting.  Uniformity of stitches seems like such a characteristic of machine knitting that it would surprise me, but perhaps it can be used to an advantage I don't know enough to imagine.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Jane
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Jane!
The hand knit 5 hour sweater is a fun hand knit project, but it would be difficult to duplicate on the machine - the circular yoke would involve a lot of stitch transfers.

Have you taken a look at these?

this is our 2 hour raglan - it's knit in 1 piece.  The only seaming is the side seam and underarms
[pink_version] 

2 Hour Infant cardigan
2 Hour Kids Cardi

Another quick beginner pattern is the Squirrel Cardi

or the Chipmunk Version

[squirrel_cardi_front]
P S
Patricia J Schwab

3 years ago
Beautiful knitting!!  I combine MK and HK all the time!!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC