C M
Carla McNamara

3 years ago
I am new to machine knitting. I have two machines, one bulky and one regular. So far all I have learned is how to cast on. It seems like a monumental task to start knitting on a machine. I've been a hand knitter for 30 plus years so I know how to knit almost anything you put in front of me. I wanted to learn machine knitting so I could complete a project faster. Right now I make hats and scarves because they are quick. I'm learning to make socks but they are tricky. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Carla!
Welcome to the world of machine knitting.  Even though you can knit quickly on the machine, as you are discovering, there is a learning curve.  Go back 30 years and remember the learning curve to hand knit ðŸ˜Š

Why do you say it's a monumental task?  Socks may not be the best choice for your first projects .... what are you interested in knitting?  

What is overwhelming you?

Baby steps ... ðŸ˜Š

K W
Kathy Walker

3 years ago
Hi Carla, I too am a newbie and I live in Davis Creek, Modoc County. Maybe one day we can meet up and talk about our machines.
H R
Hope Ryan

3 years ago
Welcome Carla,
My knitting background is very similar and Knit it Now has been a great place to learn to be successful with my knitting.  The best tip Sue gave me was learn one machine completely.  In your case, I would learn the bulking machine first.  If you are ready for a good project for an advanced beginner, try the squirrel or chipmunk cardigan.

Happy Knitting.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC