J B
Janice Bader

3 years ago
I would be interested in knowing how others clean and lubricate their machines. I would like to use a spray lubricant lightly, probably silicone, but I saw somewhere that silicone should not be used. Does anyone have any products they recommend?  I have an electronic Silver Reed machine.
T W
Tina Watson

3 years ago
Hoppes gun oil and Ballistol gun oil are the best to use.  They will not gum up over time.
L P
Lola Priego

3 years ago
How often do you lubricate your machine and what parts of it do you lubricate exactly? I have had my knitting machines for about  8 years now and the only thing I have done is to change the sponge of the bar under the needles.
M K
Mary Kint

3 years ago
I was taught to wipe down the needle bed & underside of the carriage then use oil on parts shown in instruction manual before each new project.  If a project goes on for too long for some reason, I’ll even do a cleaning & oiling during a project. I save old cotton t-shirts, panties, briefs & cut up into tiny scraps to wipe down the carriage & needle bed then toss out. Oiling?, I bought a cheap stiff about 1/2â€? wide artist paint brush to apply oil to the moving parts under the carriage & the rails of the needle bed & butts of the needles.   But nothing on the latch hooks.  I’ve also started vacuuming the top of the needle bed with the strongest pressure setting of our vacuum cleaner every once in awhile.  JoAnns has an oil put out by Singer. It states on the label: for “sewing machines & knitting machines“; that’s what I use.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC