L D
Linda Dobson

3 years ago

Hi! I am working with my studio 360 & the manual mentions using regular 4 ply & also bulky yarn, but it doesn’t really tell you how to cast on when using it. I would love to use some medium 4ply just because I have a lot but I’d like some advice on this. I did try DK & it worked great! 

Thank you! 😊

S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Your 360 is a standard gauge 4.5mm machine.  It is designed to work with yarn in the 2000 ypp range.  You can use other yarns, but keep in mind the size of the hooks and the distance between the hooks.

Many knitters will use heavier weight yarns by knitting every other needle.  BUT again keep in mind that the yarn needs to be able to fit into the hooks of the needles.  If not they can split the strands and mis-form stitches.  

Personally, I find it difficult to knit this way, I'm probably in a minority.

Here's a video about casting on over every other needle

L D
Linda Dobson

3 years ago

You are so great at replying quickly & answering questions! Thank you. I experimented a bit on my machine & I figured out how to cast on every other needle. It knitted the medium 4 ply very well! 

I have thought about eventually getting a new machine. I need to see if this is physically doable for me. I have 2 cervical fusions which limit my abilities. I am very much enjoying this website & I think it’s a bargain to enroll in a subscription! 

J G
Joy Green

3 years ago
Definitely worth it 🙂 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC