M W
Morag Walker

3 years ago
Hello Everybody I am from Dundee on the East coast of Scotland and an avid hand and machine knitter. I have been trying to do this for 60 years plus. I have a picture my Dad took of me with my needles under both arms and my feet turned in!!
I have recently enrolled onto Sue's ribber course Boot Camp and think it is wonderful. I was struggling with the ribber cast on but Sue helped me with this which was great but now I on the scarf with all the stitches I have learnt over the last few pages but again I am struggling with Kitchener stitch cast off. Just tried it again but it all fell off - again!!  
I would really like to be able to do this course as I have had the ribber for over 20 years and only ever done ribs for jumpers or cardi's. There is so much more out there but I get impatient with myself when I cannot get it correct.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Morag!
Since you are a hand knitter have you ever worked a ribbing bind off by hand?

You could remove the stitches from your machine on hand knitting needles and work a Kitchener bind off ( or a different bind off)

I always recommend doing it on the machine because that's what makes sense to me ... but ....

Another suggestion is to scrap off and work the bind off by hand.
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
Morag, you sound a bit like me:  I hardly ever use my ribber for anything other than welts and cuffs and sometimes a cardigan band!  I am often too impatient to take the time to learn something new when I can do other things so quickly and easily.  I am very comfortable with using the main bed in a variety of ways so I am reluctant to start learning new techniques with the ribber.  Similarly, I have never managed to get on with using a garter bar because it's easier to run a few rows of waste and re-hang rather than practice, practice, practice to get comfortable with the garter bar.

And I never have mastered Kitchener:-(

Jenny (in Wales) 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC