A W
Ann-Blair White

3 years ago
I knit this on my Singer 560 out of 100% wool yarn that I'd purchased years ago from a man who bought mill ends - a great source.  I really liked the look of the hem when I first saw it on the KIN fence post hem-1.jpg  fence post hem-2.jpg  site and am glad I found a home for it in my collection.  I'm very pleased as this will replace a similar sweater that is completely worn out.  It's a nice hem as it doesn't draw in as many do.
C K
Carolyn Kerrigan

3 years ago
I really like this hem. Can you share the basics of how you did this?  FNR? Relative tension for rib vs main garment ? For the last section of stockinette, what was your relative tension there?  what type of bind off did you do - it looks very neat and tidy!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Here's a link to the Knit It now tutorial

https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/144/fence-post-hem-double-bed fence_post.jpg 
A W
Ann-Blair White

3 years ago
Following the Knit it Now instructions for tensions etc., I started with the circular knitting for about 1/2", changed to 2 x 2 rib, then transferred for stocking stitch.  I took it off onto a garter bar as I increased from 76 stitches to 86 for the stocking stitch of the sweater itself.  I'd imagine that 1x1 would stretch differently than the 2 x 2 rib so doing samples/tension swatches is necessary.  Hope that helps.  Thanks to KIN for introducing me to this one.  I think I'll likely do it again !
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC