J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
I do not know who to credit for this pattern; I have had it since the 1980s.  It's simple to knit and can be used for hanger covers (as shown), slippers, and waistbands.  When I knit a special garment for someone, and I know he or she will be hanging it on a hanger, I include a "puffy stitch" hanger.  Here are the instructions if you're interested:

• Using 2/15, 2/12, 2/11, or 3/17 and tension 6, e-wrap cast on desired number of stitches. Knit 1 row and set on KC to program stitches. The pattern used is XOXOXO on an electronic machine (stitch 532 on the 965i and 519 on the 970).  (1x1 rib stitch)
  • Knit 9 rows with both part buttons in. Knit 1 row plain over all stitches. Repeat these ten rows for desired length.

Slippers

Cast on 85 stitches (large) and knit 225 rows in pattern.  You could knit 2 rows, picot, knit 2 rows before and after pattern for ribbon edge ... or do a crochet edge.

Hanger Covers

Cast on 110 stitches and knit 100 rows.  Mark center stitch so you know where to put the hanger hook through.

Waistband

After garment reaches waistband, remove on waste yarn, and turn around.  Do pattern but skip the “knit 1 row plain over all stitches.â€?

Puffy Stitch Hanger.jpg
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

3 years ago
Thank you, Julie.  I've always wanted to make some of these and now that I have your pattern, I'll give it a whirl!
Sandee in Washington State, USA.
J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
You're most welcome!  Enjoy!!
J H
Juavue Handy

3 years ago
Please send me the pattern it would be much appreciated.. Juavue Handy
N P
Nicola Pople

3 years ago

Hello Julie.

Thank you, i’d like to knit this pattern.
I have Silver Reed machines, and don’t know much.
I can’t make sense of KC or “part� buttons instructions. Is this pattern translated as EON tuck for 9 rows followed by 1 row knit? Just on the main bed?
I’d be really grateful for your help .

S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
@Nik Pick  Give me a few days and I'll "translate" Julies pattern for you

She is using Brother terms.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
puffy_stitch.png 

The Puffy Stitch is sooo interesting!   I'm working on a video demonstrating it on both Silver/Singer/Studio and Brother.

Quick outline.

• The puffy stitch is done with slip stitch.
  • Slip every other needle for 9 rows, then knit 1 row plain.
  • Repeat for desired length
  • The same needles are slipped every time

Brother machines: Push in both part buttons for 9 rows.  Release part buttons and knit 1 row - repeat

Silver: Set side levers for slip. Set Cam lever to Slip for 9 rows.  Set Cam lever to slip for 1 row - repeat

puffy_punchcard_small.png 
N P
Nicola Pople

3 years ago

This is great. I can already see my wardrobe looking soft and puffy.

Thanks Sue and Julie.

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC