L K
L Kresge

3 years ago
I just got a Turmix Double Bed machine and am eager and ready to start.  The clamps are built in to the machine, attached to the rear bed.  When I try to clamp it on to my table, the machine is front heavy and falls forward.  Am I doing something wrong?  Could it be the table I'm using?  Any ideas would be appreciated.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
I'm not familiar with this machine, but generally when using a ribber, the main bed is tilted. 

Also, your table needs to be extra-sturdy to accommodate the additional weight.

ribber.jpg 
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
As you say the clamps are affixed to the bed, I'm not sure how the machine could tilt when clamped - or do you mean that it is causing the table to tilt?  I see that the instructions say "lower the screw clamps ..." so are you ensuring they are in the correct position?  I could be quite wrong, but from the look of the illustration I'd say that the back bed is much flatter to the table than would be the case with the Japanese machines, as illustrated by Sue's photo.  I take this that there is no equivalent to the "props" which the Japanese ribbers have in addition to the clamp holdng the back bed in place?  (Again, clearly seen in Sue's photo.)

Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't know the machine you have at all;.

Jenny
L K
L Kresge

3 years ago
Do you think it's because the edge of the table is rounded? IMG_E6206.jpg 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Ah!  The photo really helps ... I'm guessing that the rounded edge of the table isn't helping .  it looks like it would be more stable if the clamps could be flat against the table.

Can you tell anything from the manual?
I've attached a PDF here or you can go to
http://machineknittingetc.com/turmix-knitmac-user-manual.html

turmix.jpg

Looking on page 17 of the manual the photo seems to show the main bed being flat  

turmix1.jpg 
C A
Camilla Andersson

3 years ago
[QUOTE username=Jenny M Benson  Jenny M Benson userid=6733032 postid=1317601865]As you say the clamps are affixed to the bed, I'm not sure how the machine could tilt when clamped - or do you mean that it is causing the table to tilt?  I see that the instructions say "lower the screw clamps ..." so are you ensuring they are in the correct position?  I could be quite wrong, but from the look of the illustration I'd say that the back bed is much flatter to the table than would be the case with the Japanese machines, as illustrated by Sue's photo.  I take this that there is no equivalent to the "props" which the Japanese ribbers have in addition to the clamp holdng the back bed in place?  (Again, clearly seen in Sue's photo.)

Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't know the machine you have at all;.

Jenny[/QUOTE]
C A
Camilla Andersson

3 years ago
Hello the machine should tilting, the picture i wrong. It was wrong in mine manual also. Good luck/Camilla 😃
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC