A S
Anita Swift

3 years ago
Hi 
I am starting to have fun with my SK 860 and it’s ribber! I experimented with some English rib and waffle rib from the knit-along and they look great!
Last week I was knitting a vest for my daughter and she just wanted simple stripes, which was fine, but a bit tedious, and I wished I had a colour changer. When I went looking online I couldn’t find one for this machine. Does a colour changer exist that I could use? Or do I need to use my standard gauge Brother machine if I want to do stripes the lazy way?
Thanks
Anita
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

3 years ago
Yes, a color changer exists.  The SK860 (electronic Studio/Silver Reed electronic standard bed) uses the YC6 color changer.
A S
Anita Swift

3 years ago
Thanks Sandee, but the SK860 is a mid gauge machine, not a standard gauge. I’ve seen the YC6 advertised for 4.5mm needle pitch, but I haven’t seen anything about it for 6.5mm. Do you have experience with it working with a mid gauge bed?
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

3 years ago
Oh, you are right, right, right!  I have both the mid-gauge, 860, and the standard 840, and of course I was thinking of the 840, which does use the YC6.  So I DK on the 860.  So sorry!
A S
Anita Swift

3 years ago
No worries, Sandee - what is "DK"? (Excuse my newbie ignorance.)
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

3 years ago
Sorry:  "DK" is don't know.
A S
Anita Swift

3 years ago
Haha! I'll remember that acronym - I'll probably use it a lot!
P S
Patricia J Schwab

3 years ago
There is not a "Color Changer" for the 860, but, there is a sort of "Accessory" for it.  States is assists with stripes and 2 color Jacquard.  It came with my 860.  I have never used it, but, if you look on ebay, you might possibly come across one.  It looks a lot like Extension Rails on the Brothers, but, more 3 dimensional.
A S
Anita Swift

3 years ago
Thanks, Patricia - I couldn't find it on eBay, but I'll keep looking ðŸ˜Š. At least now I have an idea what I am looking for.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC