M S
Marsha Sachs

3 years ago
I'm trying to create a simple lace pattern to knit on my Brother KH970 using the CB-1.  I'm able to enter the pattern as usual, but when I select it for knitting, I get error message 13 telling me the pattern is not a lace pattern.
Obviously I'm missing something, but can't figure out what.  Can anybody out there help me with this?

Thanks
J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
This is the same problem I ran into when I input the lace design for the Star Mesh short-sleeved sweater on KIN. Sue spent quite a bit of time with me to figure it out. Here are my notes from that adventure:

From Irene Sumler at Knitcraft:

The issue is not with DesignaKnit, it is with the 970 machine. When the machine was designed they never made the connection that people would want to create their own lace designs, so the machine doesn’t recognize and download design as lace.

All you need to do is save it as fair isle in DesignaKnit then download it to the machine. Once it is in the machine, you just use your lace carriage as normal. It will not give memo data, but you can input that after it is downloaded, so you know when to use the main carriage.

Sue Jalowiec at Knit It Now contacted her friend Roz Porter with Piney Mountain Cottage. Roz shared the document she wrote many years ago about the issue of downloading (or creating) your own lace pattern on the Brother 970.

I can send you the three-page document Sue gave me if you’d like, but I need your email address. Mine is jt.lyons@mchsi.com. Drop me a note, and I’ll send the PDF to you.

Julie
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Marsha!
If you are using the CB-1 Box to create the lace pattern, it's a bit clumsy.

I just ran across a PDF from Mary Anne Oger of KnitWords on the subject.

Hope this helps.
M S
Marsha Sachs

3 years ago
Thanks for all the help, I did get this to work and will post a pic of the outcome soon.  Why is the 970 user manual so darn hard to understand????
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC