B S
Brenda Stanton

3 years ago
I’m Brenda from Georgia. I have knitting machines I’ve owned for many, many years but can’t knit simply because I’ve never tried hard enough to learn it. I have cast on, made a basic rib, even a mock rib on my Brother 260, but then, life would get in the way, I traveled a lot with work, I’d lose interest in knitting, and by the time I would pick it up again, I had pretty much forgotten everything I’d learned previously.  I also had a Canadian friend, Katherine. She was an expert machine knitter with basic to highly advanced machines for that time, so I got to see the machine’s potential - (but she unfortunately passed away), so again, I lost interest and stored my machines away for years.
But now, since I no longer travel for work, this time I FINALLY am determined to either learn how to operate my machines or sell them, which is why I joined ‘knit it now’ today. Machine knitting has always been an elusive passion for me, but this time, I intend to give it my best, and with help from you all, hopefully this time, I will actually learn how to operate them.  I’m an excellent sewist, but knitter, no.
J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
Welcome, Brenda!! Give yourself a chance and take your time. If you can sew, especially garments, you’re more than halfway there. You already understand garment construction, but now you’re working with knitted pieces. The machine can be intimidating, but everyone here gives you their support!! Julie
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Welcome!
I agree with Julie, take it step by step and you'll do fine.

You mentioned being able to do some things with the ribber, but why not put the ribber aside for a bit and concentrate on the single bed?

Build your confidence with some really simple things, blankets, scarves, hats ... you'll make friends with your machine and build your skills with each project.

We're here to help.  Please share your progress.

Sue
B S
Brenda Stanton

3 years ago
Thx for your encouragement! Sue, so true, I started with that mock rib only bec I didn’t know any better. I was lucky  it turned out great, but now I look at it and it scares me to death. I def need to start with the basics. I can sew anything with complete confidence. But I can tell already by checking out your website and All the incredible tools and tutorials you offer will get me there! Can’t WAIT!!!
M K
Mary Kint

3 years ago
Brenda, I was away from machine knitting for 25+ yrs. Start  with simple. Tension swatching & gauge swatching....two different tasks. As machine knitters & using KIN, we can select what yarns we want to use & don’t have a pattern to tell us our gauge. Do the KIN swatching lessons.  You will be the one who decides how the fabric should look & feel (tension swatching).  When that’s decided, you then do a gauge swatch & put that info into the KIN pattern you select. Choose a hat or a poncho. They’re very simple.  When you are stumped, look for a lesson to help you thru. KIN has a beginner course, you learn different techniques knitting different projects. You never stop learning.  A fabulous instructor once told me “a good knitter is a good ripperâ€?.  I must be excellent because I don’t think I’ve ever knit anything that hasn’t been ripped (frogged) at least once🤣. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC