j d
josephine donohoe

3 years ago
I have knit a couple of sweaters so far and seaming has been my downfall.. and I have looked carefully at the tutorials and am improving. I am just finishing a sweater knit in different colour blocks (Thanks Sue for the planning with that).  There  s a diagonal seam across the front and I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on what seam might work best here.  I am even wondering is it might be an idea to make a feature of the seam.
Any opinions or advice welcome.
Jo
A P
Ann Poprdan

3 years ago
I would use mattress stitch.  
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Josephine!
Your sweater turned out beautifully! You should be proud of it!  ðŸ™Œ

Because you were working with different gauges and different yarns knitting the 2 front pieces sepparately, then seaming them made sense.+

We created each of the color sections separately in DAK.  (BTW - I documented the process of creating this sweater in the Learn DAK course 5 Design challenges)

You could have also considered working that diagonal shaping with short rows. 

In other words, the front could have been knit in one piece. Hold 1 stitch every other row when knitting in white, then increase 1 stitch every other row when knitting in black.

If anyone is interested in exploring this, please let me know.

JOSEPHINE.jpg 
N M
Nancy Mangeri

3 years ago
Lovely work.  Your idea of making that diaginal seam a design detail is intriguing and worth exploring.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC