J F
Jill Foley

3 years ago
I'm having a SENIOR moment.  I watched the KIN video "End Needle Selection on Brother Machines" many times, trying to get rid of the LONG floats.  yikes!  I cannot get rid of the long float when I have rows in between the pattern.  i.e. a simple winter pattern with snow flakes every 2 rows.  (1 row of flakes, 2 rows plain) I have done KCI and KCII, and tried putting end needles out of position.
What is the matter with me!?!?!?!?!?
Thanks in advance......
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Jill,
Since you have a Brother machine, you can make sure you push those end needles into working position "B" on each row.  

The machine is selecting the end needles.  You just need to take charge and tell it not to knit those needles ðŸ˜‰
J F
Jill Foley

3 years ago
ok....I was still having issues, so I did some "air" knitting watching the needles....somehow, I'm sure in the creation of my little snowflake pattern, I did something wrong (obviously) because the needles never all went back to "B" position for the base color and to leave just the end needles out.  (Does that make sense?)
Anyway, I created my pattern again from "default" and downloaded it to the 970 and did some more "air" knitting.  It worked!  The needles did the Fairisle thing and on the 2 plain rows - the needles went back to B position with the end needles remaining out.  I pushed those 2 needles back and badda boom badda bing --- all is well.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the opaque vs transparent - but not sure!
Thanks for your help.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
So glad you had success!

I love that you were "air" knitting.  That's one of the many reasons I LOVE brother machines. They pre-select needles so we can see what's going on.

In DAK, actually its the selected (long needle) and de-selected needle (short needle) settings that make a difference.  Transparent and opaque don't download or impact the needle selection on the machine.

select_deselect.jpg    
J F
Jill Foley

3 years ago
ooo. well I "guessed" wrong...  I'll go back and look at my 1st try, to see where the little needle icons are.
I need to understand that more....I subscribed to your DAK courses....I'll look there .
Thanks for all your help.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC