S W
Stephanie Wagaman

3 years ago

I made two Buffalo Plaid throws for Christmas – inspired by Knit It Now’s Machine Knit-Able Cotton Plaid Throw. My throw is 60�L x 45�W, and comprises 5 strips of 6 squares each. I made each strip separately – 3 strips were made alternating red squares with red and black squares; and 2 strips were made alternating black squares with red and black squares. Instead of running two colors together for a marled effect, I made the two-color squares using fair isle and built-in pattern #256. When you put it all together – it looks like Buffalo Plaid.

Inspired by the Snowdrift Blanket Machine Knit-Able, I lined the throw(s) with (Buffalo Plaid) flannel material. There was no instruction on how to sew a flannel lining to knitted fabric – so I consulted YouTube and asked some sewing expert friends. The best advice I got was to use an iron-on interfacing along the entire perimeter of the back side of the knitting, to help prevent it from stretching while sewing. Once that interfacing was on, it was a lot easier to cut the material to size and safety pin it in place for sewing. BuffaloPlaid2.jpg 

J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
Fabulous!!!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
It's beautiful!  Congrats!

I love that you used the fairisle instead of stranding the yarn ... so clever!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC