J F
Jeanette Feinberg

3 years ago
Hello, I'm so excited to have found Knit It Now. I've been a crochet-er for decades but have always admired the amazing sweaters knitters could make. My husband bought me a Chinese version of a Brother kh860 for an early Christmas present and it is awesome. So far I've made the second hat in the beginner course. The biggest challenge I've had is that I'm a lefty and it's a bit awkward learning to take the small stitches off right handed. My seaming is also terrible. The front of my hat looks great but the back is very Frankenstein. I remain undaunted though and, again, am so happy to have found this site! 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Jeanette!
Welcome!  
Having lefties in the family, I know that it can be a challenge to "translate".

Like the rest of us, you'll develop your own methods for doing things.  No one is looking over your shoulder and telling you that you are doing things "wrong" ðŸ˜„

Keep up the good work!

Sue
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
Welcome to the happy band, Jeanette!

You will rarely find that it matters if you knit an extra row (or one less) in order to make it easier to cast off from the side you prefer..

Jenny
J F
Jeanette Feinberg

3 years ago
Thanks for that advice! I also watched a video on scrapping off and then finishing with the work off the machine. So many great techniques!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC