M G
Marilyn Godfrey

3 years ago
I am wondering which of the Knit It Now patterns are suitable for adding a turtle neck, or mock turtle neck. there is not an option in the neck/collar section when searching for patterns.  

Thanks,
Marilyn
J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
Hi, Marilyn! I’ve used several of the dynamic patterns for a turtleneck, BUT I made the neck opening a bit larger than the default. For example, if the front neck drop was 4 ½�, I would make it 5 ½�. Also the opening from shoulder to shoulder. If the default was 10�, I would make it 10 ½� to 11�. After the sweater was knit and one shoulder put together, I laid it on my body and used a tape measure to determine how tall to make the turtleneck. I hope this is helpful.

Julie
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Marilyn,
I agree with @Julie Lyons.
Because you can adjust the neck  opening of our patterns, make the neck opening wider.  The front and back neck depths can be adjusted as well.

The collar itself is just a rectangle.  pick up the neckopening stitches and knit for your desired length and bind off LOOSELY.

Another idea is to knit the collar separately, then join it to the garment.

We talked about different collars in a previous LIVE.  Here's a link to the replay.
You can use the jump links on the page to go directly to the discussion about turtlenecks

https://www.knititnow.com/LiveEvent/132/collars-for-machine-knitters-12-04-2019
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC