S T
Sandra Thomas

3 years ago
I dont know where else to turn so I'm hoping someone here can help.  The little plastic piece that the g carriage sensor plugs into broke.  Does anyone have any idea where I can get another one?  Can the GC be used without that sensor on the yarn mast?
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
If I'm understanding your problem correctly, there is a plastic "box" with a little metal arm attached.  The "box" is affixed to the yarn mast and it is necessary for the little arm to rest on the yarn so that it is in a raised position.   If you look into the little holes in the "box" you can see a small metal plate which the metal arm rests on when in the lowered position.  As long as the arm does not depress that plate the G-carriage will function perfectly well, so you just need to attach the box to the yarn mast in such a way that the little arm can be held up.  Scotch tape or similar will come in handy, I think!  You can even just hang box by hooking the arm over the edge of the platform which holds the wax disk, but it might be inclined to bounce off while knitting.

Hope this helps.

Jenny 
J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
Sandra, I use my garter carriage without the “box� that attaches to the mast. I just run the yarn through my regular mast. The only disadvantage is that if the yarn beaks or comes to an end, the garter carriage will just keep knitting and drop my work onto the floor. If I were to knit a large piece and not be there to monitor it, I would use the “box.� Perhaps you could call Knit and Sew World in Saint Peter, Minnesota, and see if Shawn has the part for you. (507) 934-3741. Another source for the part is Cindy’s Knitting Room in Princeton, Minnesota. (612) 390-1279

I have contact with both of these people on a regular basis and both are excellent resources.

Julie
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC