M S
Marsha Sachs

2 years ago
Does anyone know how to do this in DAK?  I have a couple of vintage handknitting patterns without a schematic drawing of the pieces that I would love to knit on the machine.  All I have is a stitch and row gauge and hand knitting instructions.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

Hi Marsha,

You can do this a couple of ways...

1. If the HK pattern is similar in shape to one of DAK's defaults use Standard Garment Styling and make it to your size and your desired dimensions.
Incorporating the HK pattern details.  Your goal is to get a sweater that looks like the original You don't have to follow the HK pattern stitch by stitch.

2. Using the pieces created in Standard Garment Styling, set your gauge to the pattern gauge and modify the pieces according to the HK instructions.

For example, if the pattern says cast on 98 stitches - use the "fit to width" tool and set the cast on edge to 98 stitches.

If the pattern says: knit until the piece measures 12" use the "fit to length" tool and set the length of that section of knitting to 12"

3. In original pattern drafting, start with new pieces and modify the pieces according to the HK pattern using the same tools.

We cover this topic in our course "Big Hug - Use a HK pattern for MK" - the course talks about the math and you'll have to "translate" to DAK

Please let me know if you have any questions ... this sounds like a good topic for LearnDesignaKnit.com  ðŸ˜Š

https://www.knititnow.com/challenge/25/course/big-hug-use-a-hk-pattern-with-your-machine

M S
Marsha Sachs

2 years ago
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out
L M
LeAnne McDaniel

2 years ago
I'm working through the Big Hug course and I think this question pertains to the topic.  Having learned how to create a pattern in Knit It Now! I'm wondering how to import that pattern + stitches into DAK9 so I can use automatic patterning (SK-840)?  I assumed there would be some automatic mechanism but can't find it.

Thanks and apologies if mis-posted.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi LeAnne!
If you are looking to import a Knit it Now pattern into DAK ... I'm sorry that's not available.

You can use DAK to control the needle selection (patterning) on your machine and follow the shaping instructions from the Knit it Now pattern.
M K
Mary Kint

2 years ago
I use my IPad for using  KIN online. In the stitches portion you can down load a DAK file of the stitch pattern.  I use a PC dedicated only to DAK. How do I get the file to my PC?  Can I download the file on a thumb drive?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
You could download the file to your IPad and email it to another computer, put it on a thumb drive and use it on your DAK computer.

If you have a home network set up, download a file to your iPad and access the file across your network (without using the internet)
M K
Mary Kint

2 years ago
Thank you
Mary
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC