J H
Juavue Handy

2 years ago
Hi my name is Juavue Handy I live outside of Chicago. I have had my machine for a month now and everything is going okay. I bought my machine on Sept 29, so I took courses from Knit it Now and listen to the learn video several times. When I got my machine I did all the practices and before I use them on something I re-practice and keep my computer next to me as I work. I just did a child's sweater and I like the way it turned out, now I want to knit a plus size for my youngest daughter. Does anyone have any tip for me in knitting plus size. I would greatly appreciate it.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Juavue!
You are doing so well with your machine ... I'm impressed!

One option for larger sizes is sideways knitting.  That way you don't have an issue with "not enough needles"

Go to the pattern search and select Misses or Women's plus, then choose "sideways knit" (all the way down at the bottom)

search_sideways.jpg 

J H
Juavue Handy

2 years ago
Thanks
M K
Mary Kint

2 years ago
Besides sideways knitting, you can also knit your front & back in panels. For example have a center seam & knit the front & back in 2 pieces each (4 pieces) this yields a center front & center back seam,  or you could offset the center make it a design feature for the front & the back.  Have the offset seam go over the bust point is flattering. Another option is to divide the front & back into 3 pieces each…..a princess seam.  Another option I’ve seen is to insert a side panel to widen. This will increase the diameter of the garment & can be quite attractive. If you don’t already belong to “Ravelry.comâ€?, Joining is free. You can get all kinds of design ideas by looking at others displayed sweaters.  There are many groups you can join. There are also  groups created for  plus size interest too. Good luck
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC