K S
Katie SCHMIDT

3 years ago
Hi All,  I recently purchased a Brother KH-940 machine.  At 70 years of age my eye sight and hands have found it is rather difficult to deal with the #2 weight yarn it requires.  I have been looking at a mid-gauge Artisan 70D Plus on-line; it automatically comes with a stand and ribber.  Can anyone share their experience with me?  Grateful, Katie
K C
Karen Cohen

3 years ago
I have an older Artisan 70D (not Plus) that I have used a bit as a single bed (never tried the ribber) so I hesitated to respond - but since no one else has, here are a couple of thoughts. It worked well for the limited use I gave it, but it definitely wasn’t as well machined as new model Silver Reeds. The manual I got was very good - I think it may have been written by the US distributor, so not sure if it comes with every machine. The price, the included stand and ribber are all attractive features. Not sure how available additional tools are for this 7mm machine (garter bars, etc). I find I use my plastic bed LK-150 much more when I knit with yarns these two machines like, but of course that machine has no ribber. To sum up - the older 70D is not a beautiful piece of machinery but it’s fine, and if it has what you want in a machine then I wouldn’t discourage you from the newer model - which may be better crafted. Karen
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC