L P
Lynda Pearson

3 years ago
I printed out this pattern in my size and am about to begin.  However, I am a bit reluctant due to the alerts that this is not for a beginner, read the directions, etc.  I am not a beginner, but I am not an expert.  I wonder if there is a tutorial within KnitItNow for the European shoulder?  If it is used in a pattern, certainly there is a lesson or demonstration for how to master this skill?

Thank for your help!

Lynda
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Lynda!
The only "hard" part of the pattern is the back shoulder shaping.

Normally the back shoulders of our sweaters have the same number of stitches as the front shoulders and we join stitch-to-stich to seam the shoulders.

Because of the shaping of the European shoulder, the back shoulder is shaped with double and triple decreases and you need to seam the shoulders, not join them stitch-to-stitch.

Here's a video

https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/1020/double-triple-decreases

Please let me know if you have any questions

BTW - the video is also included in the back section of the pattern

maria.jpg 
L P
Lynda Pearson

3 years ago
Thank you!  Just what I needed.  I have such a hard time finding what I need in KIN.  I know the information is within the program, but my brain's way of categorizing just doesn't seem to search for the right things.  I did a google search, and it sent me right to the Knit It Now tutorials!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC