J H
Juavue Handy

3 years ago
I want to knit these  bands on the machine. This cardigan has a round neck. Since it is a plus size I have to knit the neck then the fronts. My question is does the neck band go over the front band or does the front bands go over the neck? My last cardigan was a v neck and I knitted the whole band  and then attached it to the shoulder, that was a small size for my other daughter. I go back and forth knitting for each daughter. I will try to knit her next one on the sweater.
J H
Juavue Handy

3 years ago
Meant to say attached it to the sweater.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Which came first the chicken or the egg? ðŸ˜?

Front band, then neckband?
Neckband then front band?

I've seen both ... fellow knitters ....which do you prefer?

1.jpg  
2.jpg 

J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
I always knit the collar first then the front bands.
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
I, too, prefer to have the front bands go all the way up, rather than have the neckband go across the top of the front bands.

Jenny
S G
Sandra Graves

3 years ago
Front band all the way up for that finished look. Then the neckband goes around and joins into the front band. 

Sandra
M L
Millie Laurer

3 years ago
I am in the process of knitting a cardigan and got to this point. Suddenly , I blanked out, not knowing what to do at the neck! This might be a good topic,...discussing even tensions for a nice looking neckband. My cardigan is a bulky and I did a double neck band. Now, I am doubting that and wonder if a single band would do, or might that feel too flimsy?
so many questions...... !
A W
Ann-Blair White

3 years ago
I prefer to do the front band and then knit the neck band across it because that's the way the collars on a shirt are done ! 
But then I've made more shirts than cardigans....
M C
Marie-Jo Chaminade-Saintesprit

3 years ago
Both are neat and pretty on the photos ! Beaufiful work...
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC