M S
Marja Slui

2 years ago
Hello lovely knitters, 

Just wanted to show you my cardigan. Is has been knitted on my (new to me) kh965i and the garter carriage. 
Originally it was a hand knit pattern, with a very loose fit and a round neck.
Initially I started to handknit, but I made a lot of stitch mistakes. The thought came up, what if I could do the knitting by the machine? 
Voila, let's start an adventure...
The rose cardigan is the base of my cardigan. The buttonband is knitted by hand, I didn't have enough needles for one piece and I wasn't brave enough either.
I started near the end of February and I finished it last Sunday. 
I knitted two fronts, 1 back and two sleeves. The pattern matches up at the side seams beautifully. 
I used excel to calculate stitches and match the seams, it also was a very helpful tool to keep track if I had to frog any knitting. 
Due to all the trials and errors with this project, I feel very confident that I can handle a knitting machine.
For the seams (by hand machine) I have split the yarn and no bulky seams! Great tip Sue.
Well I hope you like it, kind regards Marja
M S
Marja Slui

2 years ago
Back in the days, fishermen usually would wear very tight knitted wool sweaters. Every port would have it's own pattern. When a fisher went overboard and died, they could tell where the fisher came from and tell the relatives about the death. This particular pattern was for the fishermen of Arnemuiden, it is a small place in The Netherlands. In those days it would have been knitted in black or navy. 
S G
Sandra Graves

2 years ago
It's simply lovely. You did a great job! 
M S
Marja Slui

2 years ago
Thank you very much Sandra!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

OMG!  it's beautiful!  I love that you approached this as an adventure and has such success.

words of wisdom:

"Due to all the trials and errors with this project, I feel very confident that I can handle a knitting machine"

Thank you for sharing!

M S
Marja Slui

2 years ago
Thank you very much Sue!
L M
Lynn Michel

2 years ago
Its absolutely beautiful.  Fits perfectly.  
M S
Marja Slui

2 years ago
[QUOTE username=Lynn Michel  Lynn Michel userid=7663309 postid=1325319850]Its absolutely beautiful.  Fits perfectly.  [/QUOTE]

I really like it and I'm thinking of making one in every color of the rainbow 🤭
Thank you very much for the compliment 
M S
Marsha Sachs

2 years ago
Beautiful job!  Looks lovely on you.
M S
Marja Slui

2 years ago
Thank you Marsha, I think it will be an all time favourite ☺
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd