H D
Helena Doddy

2 years ago
Hi

I have an electronic SK840 and am trying to do the waffle stitch where you tuck for two rows on the main bed and I can't seem to do it.

Can anyone help please!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
What's happening when you try this technique?

Tucking only happens on the main bed ... how are you setting the carriage?
H D
Helena Doddy

2 years ago
I do need help please.

When I set the cam lever to T it just knits right to left and left to right and doesn't tuck.  When I set the lever to E it knits right to left and tucks left to right.  I was watching your video for the waffle stitch and on the Brother you just have to press the two tuck buttons for it to tuck.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I have attached a pdf of my cam lever on the main bed.

Thank you and kind regards.

Helena 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Helena,
I'm sorry, I don't have a 840, but the concept of tuck is the same for most machines.

In the video I also used my SK 860 

To tuck, it's  the combination of the Cam lever AND the Russel Levers 

Your machine should be set like this:
  • Cam levers to T
  • Russel levers to II
With this setup, the the needles on the main bed should tuck both left and right.
Then you cancel tuck and knit 2 rows plain
Repeat for the pattern
helena.jpg

Please let us know how it works out for you.

BTW - have you used tuck patterns just with the single bed?  the concept is the same.
M K
Mary Kint

2 years ago
I have the SK840. Do you have DAK (DesignaKnit)?  I have to be connected to DAK & create the patterning in stitch designer mode in order to do any kind of patterning & do the stitch work in interactive knitting in order to do any stitch work. I haven’t had any luck with hand manipulation of needles for tuck. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC