S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
I am still having a few problems with my SK840.  Today I tried to do U style knitting and it didn't work.   Maybe it is not possible on the SK840, are there any other members in the Group who have the SK840 who I could ask for help.

The question was posed by Helena Doddy.

M B
Maryann Brown

2 years ago
The 840 can do u-knitting. U-knitting is not a rib fabric but a single layer of knitting using the ribber bed for two rows then the main bed for two rows.

This sequence not not optimal as it starts in the middle of your finished fabric but it is the best to learn how to change levers and when to flip things.

Do a cast on that suits your pattern or scrap on and then set your weights.
  1. Set Main bed carriage to knit and set the Ribber to not knit (Set Levers on ribber carriage to 0 on both sides)
  2. Knit two rows (only the main bed knitted)
  3. Set Main bed to Slip (make sure the side levers are toward you) and Ribber to knit (Set levers on the ribber carriage to 1 both side )
  4. Knit two rows. (only the ribber knitted)
Once you see how this works and get the rhythm,
Try knitting one row on the main bed then back only on the ribber 
Knit one row only on the ribber then back on the main bed.
Repeat

It seems complicated but once you get the rhythm it's not hard.
M K
Mary Kint

2 years ago
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you accomplish with U knitting.  This is new to me. 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Hi Mary
You can then knit a much wider fabric, although you might have a line up the middle...
Joy 😊
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Yes! you can knit twice the width.  It's important to adjust the main bed tension and the ribber tension so the stitches match.
Here's a video about matching ribber and main bed gauge
https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/636/matching-ribber-and-main-bed-tension

Yes, you can get a line where the knitting stretches from the main bed to the ribber - it's more noticeable with tight tensions.

Here's a video about U knitting
https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/637/half-circular-u-knitting
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC