H H
Howard Hunt

2 years ago
The knitting catches on the gate pegs repeatedly. When it happens, I try to raise the fabric up and free it from the pegs, the put it down again, repeating across the row until it is all fixed. What is causing this? I weight the cast-on bar, then weight the fabric as it grows. It still catches. What am I doing wrong? The knitting shop where I bought it is about 8 hours away, near our son's house. So I can't pop in for help.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Hi Mary 
What machine are you using, and which stitch are you knitting? I. e. tuck, slip, fairisle, stocking stitch (stockinette)?
It sounds maybe as if your tension could be too tight? 
Joy 😊 
H H
Howard Hunt

2 years ago
It happens at all tensions. I am knitting stockinette (just getting started at MK) on a Brother KH930. I have loosened tension, tightened tension, and it is still happening. When I did a really loose tension for the yarn, it happened repeatedly on both ends. 

Thank you for helping!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Mary,
What yarn are you using?

Are you sure the carriage and yarn mast are threaded correctly?  

It sounds like the tension is too loose and you are getting the loops.

Are they only on the ends?  Are you taking the carriage out too far?

Have you checked the sponge bar?

Have you double-checked the carriage settings?

• change knob to N/L
  • No Cam buttons pushed in
  • Weaving brushes out of the way.

Can you send us a photo of what you are seeing ... sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words ... ðŸ˜‰
H H
Howard Hunt

2 years ago
I think I have it straightened out. It was from my cast on, I didn't make sure that all of the pegs were cleared. I appreciate your help. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC