K C
Karen Cohen

2 years ago
I’ve been working on a Flirt cardigan after completing a Flirt pullover. As a sporadic machine knitter with limited experience I really appreciate the detailed instructions. One thing that I find difficult though, is that the row count doesn’t reset after the ribbing instructions. Not all of us have ribbers, nor do we want to make a hemmed edge. My usual MO is to go back, pick up my stitches and hand knit my trim of choice. I need the prompts as to what row to do things on but I have to go through the pattern and change the numbers to reflect that I am starting at row 1. This isn’t hard (just tedious) —especially in parts of the pattern where more than one operation is happening at the same time, but it would be so much nicer if it didn’t need to be done. I noticed (at least on the Flirt pattern) that row count reset for sleeve cap shaping, so why not for the body too?  Or, is this already possible when generating instructions and I have missed it? Karen
N P
Nicola Pople

2 years ago
Hi Karen,
if I’m using a KIN dynamic pattern and adding a hem or ribbing later I use an open cast on (ravel cord)
and when I get going just set my row counter to the number after suggested ribbing.
Say my gauge is 10 rows per inch and I want 1 inch ribbing I’ll set the counter to 10 before I start that way there’s no need to change anything else.
Hope this helps you 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Karen!
Great feedback .. thank you!

I have to admit that I haven't been consistent in the patterns with ribbing or no ribbing. 

Flirt obviously is drawn with ribbing and having an instruction "reset row counter" would be an great improvement.

It's not as easy as adding text to a pattern, especially for cardigans, so it will take some programming time to implement this.  I've put it on the "to do " list and we will update our patterns.  Moving forward I'll be more consistent. ðŸ˜‰

Sue

J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Yes that's what I do too 😊 Joy
K C
Karen Cohen

2 years ago
Thank you Sue. It was a minor annoyance in an otherwise great knitting experience. Karen
K C
Karen Cohen

2 years ago
Nik Pick - thanks, that’s a good work around, but it does depend on the knitter remembering to do it consistently for each piece or pattern, which for some of us... ðŸ˜ƒ Karen
N P
Nicola Pople

2 years ago

Well, yes I agree but machine knitting isn’t an automatic process. 

I find post it notes really helpful reminders 

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC