J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Can anyone help please?
I have been using my 'new to me' Lk150, and all of a sudden it has started jamming as I push it from right to left, but left to right is fine.
Please note I put a new sponge bar in when I received it a couple of months ago and have checked it anyway, and it's fine.
When it jams it is difficult to remove the carriage, but if I carefully push it back to the right it disconnects (and drops stitches)
IF I slightly 'lift' the carriage it knits ok, but if I forget, it jams, but not all the time.
This can happen anywhere on the needle bed, not any one specific area.
Any ideas please? I'm stumped 🤔🤔🤔 Thank you!
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
I haven't had this problem with my Option 4 (basically the same machine as LK150) but I would suggest the same starting point as with the metal bed machines.  Turn the carriage over and press each of the buttons in turn.  Se that everything moves when it should and that the movements caused by the right-hand buttons are the same as the movements caused by the left-hand buttons.  Check that a needle butt can pass throuh the various channels.

Jenny
M B
Mary Ann Bucklin

2 years ago
When the one way jam happens I generally look to using an anti static solution.  Dryer Sheets rubbed on the bed and under the carriage often alleviates the problem.  I generally find it occurs moving from left to right on my machines.  If you leave it for a while (even overnight) and you don't have a problem until you knit a while I suspect that is the problem.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Wow static with the LK-150? I'm surprised
  I just had the same problem with my Taitexma 160 - but it's a metal bed.  Hard to push left to right. Walked away and this morning the static is gone
It's funny, I've never had static problems before ... must have been the right combination of humidity and yarn ...  
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
I have found that indiscriminate needles are catching on the yarn feeder, but am waiting for some antistatic spray to arrive from amazon, and fingers crossed this will help... Otherwise I will need a new yarn feeder.... Joy
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC