P D
Priscilla Dobson

2 years ago
Biasing often occurs with yarns that are single ply rather than 2, 3, or 4 ply which usually are already balanced.  Chenilles also bias because of the fuzzies.  Sometimes just carrying along a matching sewing thread while knitting helps to stabilize the bias.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Thanks Priscilla! Good suggestion

I hadn't run into this in a while and I was sad when my recent yarn choice had this problem.

Suggestions about biasing:

• Carry a matching sewing thread
  • Try Plaiting 
  • Use a stitch pattern
  • Knit a knit and purl pattern with your ribber
  • Knit looser
  • Use the yarn for Knitweave
  • Stripe with another (not-biasing) yarn
  • Use the yarn for hand knitting or crochet

https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/545/yarn-bias
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Why not embrace the biassing? I just now am working on a biassing yarn. I knew that when bought it. 
It biasses 1 stitch within 3 rows.And yess,  i want to knit it in Stokkinette.
So i combine it with stripes of another yarn,  and use it on the bias.The stripes embrace and really show off the bias. Graft the strip to a tube. Or use just rectangles and increase and decrease on the sides.
For bias possibilities i have in mind one of Sues latest live events. And how cool is that,  to get this biaseffekt without all the increases and decreases. 
The foto shows the swatch for the tee i am working on with a sketch about the possibilities i am talking about.. And a hat  knitted on the biasteknik to show what effects can be optained.
Get creative. 
Ps:Because of the extreme biassing stitch patterning did not work, and this novelty yarn is most beautiful at stokkinette.
To throw it away is an option i seriously thought about. But i am happy,  that i did not.
My inspiration,:
1)a book about fitting knits that told me to lead the eye to (the body parts) what you want to show or/and embrace what you have. Make a feature out of it.(ok,  i have to use simple shapes,  so the tee wil not have the intended hourglass silhouette.)
2) Sue who shows so much about possibilities innside our needlebedlimitations
3) the hat i recently knittet on the bias

I update you about this project,  may it help and inspirate others.
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
The project
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
The project,  this time a propper foto
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Some tries on patterning and tention. Terrible biassing. And i understand people who would throw it away without regrets.
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
The hat,  a real biasknit, made by increases and decreases with non biassing yarn. Gives nice diagonals. Joined to a tube that is gathered before knittng the crown.  It is really an interesting construction.
(The hatpattern is designed av lilu wolldesign, Petra Danner from a german book, and i knit it as described. )
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC