L D
Linda Dobson

2 years ago
Hi, I’m trying to attach I-cord trim to a shawl. The stitches come out loose on the side near the edge of the shawl. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

Can you show us what's happening?

If you are using slip stitch, try slipping in the opposite direction.

https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/262/i-cord-on-the-machine

L D
Linda Dobson

2 years ago
B2B7C7BB-B969-4212-A6BF-7CBB92E73528.jpeg  8D3C9AF2-5233-4085-8FAB-1ABF0D3BEA8E.jpeg  8CE9C99B-AF3F-49D0-80FE-B982A8129F24.jpeg 
L D
Linda Dobson

2 years ago

I did a sample to show you. Do you see that the I-cord looks fine until I start attaching it then the stitches get loose that are attached to the knitted item. I tried it with my fine yarn & it does the same. I sent pics of each side of my carriage. Is it set correctly & if not, how do I set it? I haven’t found anything in the manual. 

I love this website & all the wonderful help & patterns! 

Thank you, 
Linda

L D
Linda Dobson

2 years ago
Ha! Who knew! 😄 A lady on a FB group told me I had to set the carriage dial to slip. I didn’t know that. I think I’ve solved it but please add any advice you have for me. Sometimes I have to watch your videos multiple times to figure things out. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Yep... it takes a combination of the position of the needles, the side and russel levers AND the cam setting to create any stitch pattern.

I've been experimenting and I'm finding that I like the I cord best if I slip in the direction that I'm picking up.  In other words, if I'm adding the I-cord to the right edge of the garment, I'll slip to the LEFT.  Working on a video.

This has been a good challenge for me ... I've always had a love/hate relationship with i-cord for edging knitting.  Now I know that I never paid attention to the direction of the slip.

Mystery solved!
https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/2041/i-cord-perfection
L D
Linda Dobson

2 years ago
Thank you so much for all the info. I think I should’ve looked at more videos here. I have done a lot of different things with my machines, thanks to you, & I’m enjoying this very much! 
L D
Linda Dobson

2 years ago
409A5F28-5BC7-4520-BAB6-343B3ED0F306.jpeg 
L D
Linda Dobson

2 years ago
This is going to be so pretty! 😃
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702