L B
Lou Brown

2 years ago
Hello, I need to do some intarsia knitting, I use a brother chunky kh260 but I also have a kh230 that has built in intarsia, can I use the carriage of the 230 on the the 260 machine would you know?? I've searched the internet to no avail for the answer!
P D
Phyllis K Day

2 years ago
Hi Lou;

Have you tried your 230 carriage on the 260 knitter? That should give you the answer. I'd like to know also. I have a 260 and its intarsia carriage - which is plastic and works but...not smoothly at all.
P D
Phyllis K Day

2 years ago
A friend who has a 230 carriage says it will NOT work on the 260.

So I tried it without any carriage or sinker plate and the attached video shows the results. It's tricky but it works!
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
How clever Phyllis! So that means I can do intarsia without an intarsia carriage, as long as I make sure the yarn stays in the hooks with the latches closed?
Brilliant, I'll have a try on my 260
Joy 😊 
P D
Phyllis K Day

2 years ago
Yes but make sure the latches are OPEN when you lay the yarn, and let the carriage close them. Let us know how it went!

Phyllis
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Yes, just like when using an intarsia carriage 🙂
P B
Pearl Binns

2 years ago
I have a silver reed SK280 punch card knitter and bought an intarsia carriage.  I have some great ideas for the use of this carriage only I find my work dropping off the machine when using the intarsia carriage.  I have watched the videos but this has not stopped my work dropping off to the floor.  Can anyone help.
Thanks
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC