A S
Adrienne Scott

2 years ago
Hello all,  hope you're enjoying glorious September sunshine.

My question at the moment is, is there such a thing as a plating feeder for a Brother KR260 ribber?

I really love plating on my standard gauge machine(s) but would love to be able to do it on my chunky.  I 'think' I've managed to find a main bed chunky feeder plate - eBay and was described as Brother chunky, risky but worth a gamble!! ðŸ˜… we will see when it arrives!

I can't find anything for the ribber though, except from a 'normal' yarn feeder for the chunky ribber and I'm wondering since there seems to be a small separate slot that does take the yarn behind the main yarn on the feeder on mine, whether that would work if you follow? And has anyone tried plating on this machine?

happy weekend
Adrienne
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
HI Adrienne,
I've done plaiting with the 260. Threading it is a challenge.  If I remember correctly, unlike the standard plaiting feeder, it isn't initially clear where to put the plaiting yarn,  you have to use the latch tool to pull the yarn into the slot.

Here's a link to a video that I did some time ago

https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/932/tutorial
A S
Adrienne Scott

2 years ago
Thank you!  Very helpful as always Sue! and very clear about the 260, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Now you've got me wondering if there is a similar slot on the ribber.  Always something new to learn ðŸ˜?
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC