S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Get creative with custom Christmas stockings. Make them your way with your choice of sizes, styles and stitch patterns.
Skills you will practice in this Knit-along:
  • Ribbing
  • Hems
  • Short Row shaping
  • Seams
  • Stitch patterns and or stripes

The Knit-along will run for the month of October.
After the live Knit-along ends, the material will remain in your Knit it Now Library, there is no time limit to finish.

https://www.knititnow.com/knitclub/91/Knitalong/custom-christmas-stockingsJoin the Knit-Along

J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Hi Sue, the 'join the knitalong' link isn't working.
Joy 🤔
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Here's the full link
https://www.knititnow.com/knitclub/91/Knitalong/custom-christmas-stockingsJoin the Knit-Along

You can also access it from the Orange Knit-club button on any page

knit-club.jpg
S J
Silvana Johnson

2 years ago
Hello Everyone:
This may sound like a dumb question, but I've just recently started playing with my punch card. I see all the beautiful designs that you put on the knit along but I'm not sure how to go about punching out the design.  Are the squares marked in red the ones I would punch out or the ones in white (same question if they are black and white). Thank you and I can't wait to start making some of these.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Silvana!
There's no such thing as a dumb question. ðŸ˜„
The holes/no holes represent the selected needles.

So you could punch this mitten pattern either way for fairisle.  You'd probably choose the right pattern (white background) because there are fewer holes to punch.

mittens_1.jpg mittens_2.jpg 

This video should help
https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/925/punchcard-basics

Along with other information in the punchcard classroom
https://www.knititnow.com/classrooms/126/punchcards
S J
Silvana Johnson

2 years ago
Thank you so much Sue, as always full of great information and tools to use. 
E C
Eebie Cheshire

2 years ago

Sue,  I’m working tomorrow but would like to watch the kal later. Is there a link I’ll be able to follow?  

S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

Yes! Tomorrow is our monthly LIVE - we'll be talking about Fairisle knitting. 

The replay will be available a few hours after we finish.

Here's a quick link
http://www.knititnow.com/LIVE"

https://www.knititnow.com/LIVE/

T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Startet, something to show:
some fairisle, some intarsia, some embroderi, and a seam that is better than most i seamed.  fighting with designaknit about placing of the motiv, tried to make up for that by placing the seam somewhat between front and side, and starting toe-up, that turned out wrong. But I am proud, it is my design, my first intarsia, and for the next socks, i will try to avoid these mistakes.
By the way: The name must be "mirrowed" , we all know that, but it had not be me, if i did not have remembered that the hard way. (DK does that for you, but because i charted the name on graph paper, i should have taken that in account.) But it is training in ripping and hanging a garment, too. 😂
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Bettina, they are lovely!! 😊 😊 
S J
Silvana Johnson

2 years ago
Love the design
P B
Pearl Binns

2 years ago
This is all very exciting, creative and motivational. I have just today ordered some blank punch cards and a punch to punch the Christmas patterns we have available to us for this project.  I'm  new to doing this (punching patterns) and getting them to line up and start in the right row on my machine. I also have to figure out the settings on my machine for the patterns I choose for fair isle Can anyone give me advice on any of this. The fair isle patterns my machine came with have the settings for each punch card?  I should be able to work this out as a a fellow enthusiast advised me by saying "You've got this, You can work it out." Still, it would help for advise for added confidence. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Pearl!
What machine are you using?
The card doesn't determine the settings. 

On an automatic patterning machine (punchcard or electronic) it takes 3 things to create a stitch pattern

1. The Automatic Needle Selection Mechanism (tell your machine you want to use your punchcard)
  • Brother/Knit Knit = change knob
  • Singer/Silver = Side levers
  • Toyota = Card levers
2. Cam (carriage) levers or buttons - tells the carriage to knit stitches or not
  • This differs from machine to machine - ie: Brother machines use "part" or "slip" settings other machines have a dial

3. The needle positions - A-B-C-D-E
  • In conjunction with 1 and 2, your patterning device (punchcard or electronics) will automatically select needles to working and middle position.

With these 3 things in mind, follow your manual and try a sample of fairisle. 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Next attempt. Since i now knitted the stokking downwards, my snoeman stands upside down.😂 I could change the patern to make a feature ut av it, but i think to redo it, 
K R
Karin Rogalski

2 years ago
Weihnachtsstrumpf.jpg
Had to give it a try too! I just love those skiing snowmen...
I remembered just in time to turn the snowman upside down for knitting, thanks to you folks mentioning it in the live event!
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
It's lovely 😊😊
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
@Karin Rogalski  Your stocking is beautiful!  Thanks for sharing!
Sue
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Next attempt. I got it!
Toe up,  because i did not find out how to change the direction in DAK.
Mixed the sockpatterns,  knitted over 48l/48r, toe,  foot and heel, that gives me contiunity for the foot pattern. Then scrapped off 24 st, cast on 24 stitches on the other side,  and repositioned the piece in the middle for knitting the legg. That give me the backseam for stability.
IMG_20211018_104005.jpg 
K R
Karin Rogalski

2 years ago
Great pattern, I love it!
On my brother electronic machine, there is a button to switch the pattern upside down.
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Floats turned out way too long. Rehanging is nearly invisible,  stitching them down loosely with sewing yarn does the trick. I could have stitched down more lines for shorter floats,  but for the stokking it is ok.
Rolled edge and fairisle allover to simplify. The name could be done in intarsia.
And as a tip: when i got tight stitches and difficulties with the carriage,  i  used the intarsia carriage for some rows. Then stitches were even,  and i could go on with the normal carriage.
IMG_20211018_112619.jpg 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Sue,  your stitch patterns are great,  and Karin Rogalsky thank you for the beautiful star pattern. I love your skiing snowman sock.😊
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Bettina!
Thank you so much for sharing!
Sue
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Ready. I am so happy. 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Bettina, it's perfect! 
S J
Silvana Johnson

2 years ago
This turned out gorgeous Betina! Keeping my fingers crossed for mine, lol
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Thanks Silvana. How did yours go?
And our knitting fellows. Someone else want to share? I really want to se your stuff.😊
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC