J W
Janet White

2 years ago
Hi, I'm knitting fairisle on a Brother KH-940. It knits perfect fairisle in a 1x1 configuration but when I change to another pattern it is dropping stitches at random. I've added weights, changed the pattern and change the yarn without solving the problem. Needles and sponge bar are as new, tension is good. Can anyone help troubleshoot this problem? It's really frustrating. Thanks, Janet
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
Are the stitches dropping from the same needles every time, or randomly?  Do the stitches drop when the carriage is moving in either direction, or only in one direction?

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

Good questions, @Jenny M Benson.

It sounds like you are asking if there are damaged needles or maybe static is in play?

J W
Janet White

2 years ago
The stitches drop when the carriage moves left to right. It's not always the same stitches. It appears to be when the yarn changes from a block of one colour to a block of the contrast colour. No bent or damaged needles. Could it be a problem with the carriage?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
hmmm... only in one direction?  Static?  I was just reading an article that mentioned this

"Several fellow knitters online that having a problem only when moving the carriage in one direction indicates a problem with static. You don’t have to hear a crackle to suspect that static is affecting your knitting.
A dry climate, cold winter air, old yarn, and some man-made yarns are contributing factors. I was surprised that something as simple as static could wreak such havoc with my knitting and was overjoyed to find that a simple spritz with yarn spray (manufactured for this purpose) solved the problem instantly! In the end, I made a hat that my friend loves."
E B
Else Blom

2 years ago
Does it also happen  when you go really slow from left to right? 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Check the sinker arm assembly. I has a simmilar problem recently. After checking much i reallised the tumb-skrews has loosened. It can be so simple. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC