C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
A few months ago I was posting about a machine I was getting from my cousin, and my issues with sweaters, which is what I want to make. 

I had started working on shaping a neckline with the Pattern exercises provided by Sue on the site. They are great, by-the-way. I then had to stop because of surgery. 

I still have not been able to get back to my knitting machine and it is driving me crazy. I made great progress with breaking the sweater down and doing the neckline with short row shaping, etc. It is a long recovery for this surgery and I still cannot sit long enough to be able to do any knitting. I can only sit for about 10 minutes. It also makes the surgery part very sore for a while after I stop. I can’t knit that way. I am continuing to read the instructions periodically so I don’t forget. The knitting machine is still set up waiting. 

I just wish the knitting machine was a lighter weight so that I could get it out when I want and not have it sitting attached to the table this whole time. That is what I like about my flatbed Brother plastic bed (standard?), but the needles are too tiny, I like the size I am using, KH 881. I just wish it was lighter. 

I am going to give it a go again in a couple of weeks. The last time it re-activated a sore spot, so I am waiting a couple more weeks before trying again. 

I think I will start from scratch again. I was going to make a swatch and the  try a child’s sweater, but I think maybe do a couple more necklines with short rows might be better. I think try a few cast ons to see which one I really like and then practice that, too. 

I think Sue has a life line video somewhere. I will have to look for that and maybe do that until I am comfortable so that I can add those periodically in case I have to remove rows. 

If anyone reading this knows where that is, if you could post the link for the life line video in a reply, that would be great. Thanks.

Is there anything else I should work on to have it be natural to automatically do it, without having to stop and look it up?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Cynthia!
Sending hugs your way .... I'm sorry you've been struggling with your health.  I hope you can get back to knitting soon.

There are 4 videos about lifelines.  You can find them 2 ways:

1. Click Knit: - Search for "lifelines"
  2. Look for Lifelines in the Classroom: Fixing Mistakes

https://www.knititnow.com/classrooms/57/fixing-mistakes-we-all-make-em
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Thanks for your prompt reply! I actually just renewed my prescription ahead of time.

I appreciate the link!

My health is fine, I just need to be patient after a surgery. I knew it was a long recovery for this particular one. I just want to get knitting again. I make greeting cards, too, and getting up every 10 minutes and then not coming back for a while is not a problem with that, but with my machine knitting I never get into it enough before I have to leave for a chunk of time, and it is like starting from scratch, somewhat. If it was already easy for me to do, I could get up and then come back, but I need more time to practice a technique before I have to be away for a chunk of time. It will get there.

I am trying to learn this and I am working on it. Just have a bump in the road right now.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC