V H
Venita Hosford

2 years ago
Hi All - Picked up a complete Brother KH840 (including ribber and all accessories) for very little cash.  Why so inexpensive? The sinker plate is in pieces. I have found the parts list for the sinker plate and have successfully cleaned and sorted based on that list.  I have everything put together with the exception of two pieces: Part # 159 "Weaving Lever Spring."  (This is the link to the parts list http://sewknit.ca/download/brotherDiagrams/brother_kh840.pdf) I can tell that they go under the floppy weaver lever, but for the life of me I can't figure out how.
Does anyone have a KH840, and if so could you send me pictures of the sinker plate?  I have watched all the videos I can about cleaning sinker plates (Answer Lady included) and can find nothing on assembling aKH840 sinker plate.
P S
Pamela Self

2 years ago
I have a KH890, but this part looks the same as yours.  It is hard to get a photo of the spring. The orientation on the parts list looks exactly like mine. The second photo is me engaging the brush a little so you can see the spring movement.  Hopefully. Good luck!CCC77189-B10C-40AE-ADD9-5E3F3C47DFC0.jpeg  75E0A60E-CC74-40A9-A18A-D278FCDEEC8B.jpeg  D1F3985D-DC5F-4D46-9D79-DED7016BE308.jpeg 
J R
Jeri Randall

2 years ago
Hi Venita,  I have a carriage and sinker for a 840 you can have if you want.  It worked when it went into storage last year.  Just let me know and we’ll figure out away to get it to you.  I also have 840 manual
V H
Venita Hosford

2 years ago
Hi - Thnks to both Jeri and Pamela! 
Pamela - Your pictures helped me to describe the situation to the Answer Lady.  She and her husband, Jack, made a special video for me and demonstrated the process.  
Jeri - I would love to have the 840 carriage and sinker plate.  Let me know how much and we can work out the details.  
Thanks again to both of you for your responses.
J R
Jeri Randall

2 years ago
Please send email me at jr202081@gmail.com with the address so I can get a shipping amount figured out
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC