K B
Katherine Blocksdorf

2 years ago
I needed a sweater quick for a foster dog who has just come to  Canada from Barbados. Poor little thing is even finding our indoor weather quite chilly. I tackled the Dog Sweater/Vest pattern and made something passable. It ended up too long, a bit too tight over the shoulders and too narrow between the legs. I've fiddled with it and she's at least she's warmer now.  I'm going to recheck my gauge and measurements however...I think it ended up too long because I'm mystified by what the Taper | B1-N is supposed to be. 

What does the following instruction mean:

"Increase 1 stitch both sides every 0 rows, 11 times"
Work increases on rows(s):
(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)

🙂 Thank you
IMG_20211219_141627680.jpg 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
uh oh!  When you see instructions that look like that (0,0,0), there is a math issue.  We'll take a look at your pattern

The B1-N section is designed to allow for potty room for male dogs.  It extends the sweater over the back end but can leave an opening underneath.
So if you have a male dog you might want to make B1 longer 
petvest.jpg 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Katherine!
With your custom sizing, it looks like the B1 section is only 2" and that caused the math error. At your gauge there aren't enough needles to do the increases with the shaping formula that the pattern is using.  We'll update the pattern and take some steps so this won't happen again.
I'll contact you privately as well.  
K B
Katherine Blocksdorf

2 years ago
Thanks so much. I've rechecked my measurements and will keep that in mind for future projects too!
M G
Margaret Gorman

2 years ago
This is so entertaining! I love the sweater.  It is so cute on your foster dog and I'm sure s/he is much more comfortable. I wasn't aware that Knit it Now has a pattern for dog sweaters, and our son's friend wants one for her chihauhua. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC