C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I think I need to clean the under the needles of my plastic bed kx350 bed and the carriage. The book says to only use silicone oil. Then I watched a video to see how to get the oil into the little slots the needles run though. That video said to never use silicone oil, not even on a plastic bed. She said the silicone oil builds up and cannot be removed. She said it will gum up, harden and destroy the bed, and then said to use Singer Sewing Machine oil.

But, the manual says to use silicone oil? Has the recommendation changed since the manual was written, or is this lady wrong? Should I get some silicone oil, or use Singer Sewing Machine oil?
A M
Annie Moore

2 years ago
I was looking into this for all machines. Here's a great article:  http://www.knitsewworld.com/knitting_oil_regimen.html
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Thanks Annie!
Great info!
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Thank you.
M K
Mary Kint

2 years ago
We use the “singerâ€? sewing machine/knit machine oil. I use an artist, small, flat brush to apply oil by dabbing a drop of oil on the brush to do the rail; another dab for the underside of the carriage.  Before applying oil, I wipe done everything with a rag to remove the black caused by the friction surfaces. Cut up discarded T-shirts are good for the wipe down. 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Thank you very much, Mary Kint.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC