C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I am switching all my questions and discussions about my knitting to the Singer,Silver Teed section because I now have a new LK150. That said, I did want to update those of you who have been watching, and/or replying to my questions.

I ordered it on Monday and, surprisingly, it arrived in Wednesday, yesterday.

Although I pretty much knew how to set it up, I set it up, using the manual just in case. I read through the manual, until it started in with fancy stitches. I am not going to confuse myself with those yet, although I do know the basics of the tuck and really that that that is fun to do.

Using the lavender yarn I was having trouble with in the kx350, I knit a long pice 50 stitched wide using tensions 3 - 5, including the halves. I made an eyelet for each tension section to let me know what tension I was using. For the halves, I put one eyelet on the other side of that row. 

After it was done, I bound it off and removed the waste yarn. I used the ravel cord and a simple e-wrap after the waste yarn. 

After letting it sit, I decided that I really like the tension 4 or maybe it was 4.5, I am not looking at it right now, for the project I am going to use it for, eventually. I will do an official swatch later today, and wash and dry it when I have a load to do it with.

COMPARED TO THE kx350:
Ok, so, I had a really hard time with this same yarn using my kx350. I find the carriage moves so much more easily on the LK150. Not surprising. Not one dropped stitch. Not one carriage jam. But, when I took another look at the underside of the kx350 carriage, I found the little flapper thingies (sorry, I do not remember the actual name), have rough edges and actual little edge sections that will grab and snag the yarn. I did find a little of that lavender yarn fuzz caught in those rough places, not just lint on the surface. That makes sense because it was not the same needle areas causing the issues. I am assuming that could have been part of my issue, so I do not think it was all me. I never noticed the rough edges when I cleaned it before. They look as though they have been there a while. They have that old darkened look, like if a branch from a tree is freshly cut, the part of the tree it was cut from is light colored, one that was cut off a long time ago, is darkened in that area.

I do think the the kx350 is a wonderful little machine, and if I was more adept at doing fixes on these, or knew of anyone within driving distance who did repairs, etc, I would get it fixed up. But, that is not the case, so the purchase of the new LK150, that I can maintain from day 1, was, for me, the way to go. I am going to find a home for my kx350, or maybe use it to work on learning to maintain or fix. I would have to purchase a new carriage, though. Even though I paid a very small amount for it, and had free shipping, I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I cleaned it off and packed it away, with its accessories, and will get back to it later after I have made a few items in my LK150. 

So, that is my story and I can now begin to learn how to do machine knitting. I just wanted to update all you kind people who have been answering my questions.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Yea! So good to hear this is working out for you! 
Have fun with your new machine!

Sue
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC