C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
So sorry for all of these questions. I am just a very literal person, and learn easier with hard copy, so online is just a little harder for me to grasp, even though I have printed a ton. 

I just did the mini version of the neck shaping. I cannot for the life of me remember a few things from when I did this a few years ago. For information, I am using the LK150, so if questions could be answered as they would be done on the LK 150, that would be great.

General pattern reading questions. 
When the instructions say: 
 RC 14 Decrease 1 stitch neck edge every row 5 times

After I have knit across and the RC ticked up to RC 13, is that when I do the decrease at the neck edge and then knit across ending with RC 14

OR

When the RC says 13, I knit across, ticking the RC up to 14, and then decrease the stitches by 1, and then knit across and the RC ticks up to 15? 

I am trying to do this so that I can match up rows numbers for each side. I did not do it the same on the left side and right side because I could not remember what I did for it kn the left side. 

I think what I am asking, the instructions following the RC number in directions, does that mean to do what follows the RC Number (RC 14) after the RC ticks up to that number (RC is in 14) and you are actually doing it when knitting across for RC 15? 

Or does it mean, when the RC says to do something, you do it when knitting that row that ticks the RC to that number? RC 14 Dec 1 stitch, neck edge every row 5 times = RC 13, decrease a stitch and then knit a row to RC 14. 

One way you end with RC on RC 19 after the 5 decreases. The other way, RC will be RC 18 after the decreases. 

I got confused and my left side was longer than my right side. 

I am going to try it again, tomorrow or the next day.

I think I second guess myself too much.

I remember reading or watching this explained somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thank you.
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
When a pattern says something like "at RC 100 do this" or "RC50 do that" you can read it as "when the RC says 100 do this" or "when the row counter reads 50 do that."  

If you do end up with 1 row more or less on one side of a neckline than the other it probably isn't going to make any difference to the end result (unless, perhaps, if you are using a VERY thick yarn.)

Jenny
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Thank you. Like I said, I am very literal and always second guess myself. I will make a not in my LK150 manual.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC