S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

We've had a number of new knitters learning to shape necklines recently. Our last workshop on this topic was in 2018! (how time flies!)

• We'll focus on different shaping methods (why and how)
  • Shoulder shaping (why and how)
  • Raising and lowering necklines
  • Shaping in pattern (for the more experienced knitters)
The Knit-along will start in Mid-February and we will schedule live Q&A sessions at different times to accommodate different schedules.

PM (private message) me if you have have suggestions or a topic that you'd like to include.  sue@knititnow.com
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Nice! I have never done a knit-along. Do I have to keep up or do my own speed? I did see the knit-along section, but how does it actually work? 

You give us a pattern and we work on it on our own? I was not able to see where there is a “how a knit-alongâ€? works article. There probably is one, but I have not found it. I think other newbies to knit-alongs might be wondering, too. 

Thanks.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
We'll provide all the materials for you to work at your own pace.
I'll conduct a series of Q&A sessions.  A Knit-along is just an opportunity to focus on a specific topic.

Stay tuned for more info!
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I will be doing this.
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I was wondering, could you incorporate using short rowing for shaping and the lifeline? 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Lifeline needs to go straight across... 🤔
Joy
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Can you explain a bit more? 🙂
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
The lifeline is added before the shaping. Then if you mess up and have to start again, you can go back to that row, reset the counter and start again. It was in one of the shaping videos. 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Yes I know that 🙂 , I just wanted to understand what you meant when you said
"could you incorporate using short rowing for shaping and the lifeline?" 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I saw one shaping video that did not use the lifeline step and one that did. I was requesting she include the lifeline step. It is something I need reminding of and I try to use it more often and it is not something written into instructions.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC