C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I decided to try a little sweater from a Craftsy class lesson. I still have a lot to learn, but I wanted to see if I could translate what I have done to an actual pattern and go from there. 

I did have a couple mistakes and figured out how to correct them, good to know that I could do that. I forgot about Sue's lifeline tip and did not insert it when my should shaping started for the back. It wasn't in the instructions, so I forgot. I will add it to the front. I actually wrote it in in the two places I want to put one. 

I did find a way to make it easier to follow along the instructions. If they don't get too messy, after doing the front, I will take a snapshot and add it to this topic thread. 

I don't have any question at the moment, but did not know where to put this because, so far it is not a success, and it is not done yet. I decided this would be a good place because I might get a question along the way.

What I have done so far when doing the back:
1. Cast on EON with waste and knit a few rows. Knit 1 row of ravel and then 10 rows of knitting.

2. dropped 8 rows every other row and reformed for ribbing. The bottom has a slight curl and rib.

3. I did short rowing for each shoulder. So I used the hold, Russel Levers and scrap offs. 

For me, so far, a confidence builder. I am also finding this to be quite fun. I have also learned not to do it for too long because I get tired, without realizing it, then the mistakes start. I finished the back this morning and have just e-wrapped the needles with the main yarn after doing the waste and ravel cord for the front. I will wait until tomorrow to continue.

The front will be a little more intensive. I want to do the little heart pattern manually formed. So, I will wait until tomorrow. If I do feel like getting back to it again today, I will only knit up until any kind of deviation from straight knitting starts. Then I will stop and begin again tomorrow.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC