C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago

I am going to do this sweater course, Your a2nd Sweater - Peppermint Pullover, after I finish the sweater I started the other day. The current one I have to finish is a kid's size, not a large adult sweater. It is a sweater from a Craftsy class and doesn't have size options. It is basically to use what we learned, but is a nice pattern. Since there were no sizes to be considered, I did not swatch. 

After I finish the Craftsy class sweater, I will start the course I just mentioned, although I have been reading the written pages and watching the videos already. I will do a tension swatch to see what number on the carriage I want to use for the new yarn. Then, I will do a gauge swatch for stitches and rows.  Oh, I might do the tension swatch and gauge swatch after I finish the front of the current sweater. I started the front already and it is on my machine. After I finish the front and scrap off, I will do the tension and gauge swatches with the yarn I will use for the course. This way I can wash and dry the gauge swatch while I finish the other sweater's sleeves. 

I am making them for my granddaughters and I have no idea what their sizes are. I found a web page by Googling average sizes for their ages. I figure, that being sweaters, they do not have to fit snug and can be a little large. So, That is my plan. I am hoping the more of these simple patterns I do, the better I will become. Then I can play around with using multiple colors, etc.

J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Look forward to seeing some photos Cynthia! 😊 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago

I will post some, whether successful or not. I have to finish the current sweater first.

What are you working on? 

J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
I've recently knitted a pair of socks for hubby on my LK150 and have to sew up the 2nd sock.
We're in the middle of packing away my machines apart from the lk150 as we're moving out of our house so my daughter and her family can move in - we're buying an old house in France that needs quite a bit of work doing to it and will take the lk150, (and plenty of yarn !!,) with us as it is so portable.
My other machines will be kept in storage in the UK.
Due to Brexit, we can only go over 3 months in 6 to start with, so we'll go for 3, come back to the UK for 3 etc etc. We have an 8 metre motorhome (RV) which we'll drive in to France, and that means we have somewhere to 'live in' when we come back for the 3 months.
We also have a 34ft boat on a river not far from here. 
This is the reason I have just treated myself to a brand new lk150 - it is so easy to store and set up in our motorhome and on the boat 😊
I bought a second hand machine originally but it had been well used.
Joy 😊 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Joy,
What an exciting new chapter for you!  I love that your knitting machine is included in the plan for your new life!

Sue
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Thanks Sue
Don't worry, I'm not planning on getting rid of any of my other machines!!! Lol 😉😉
Joy
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago

Wow, Joy. We were living in 2 places for a few years, but still had out house here. I was not knitting then, but I brought one of my sewing/embroidery machines with me. We were staying 7 months in Vegas and 5 months here. I am kind of private on the web, so I don't say where I live, but it is in the States. The drive back and forth was beautiful. It was a fun few years. We are glad we did it, and had considered moving there, but decided against it. We are happy back home and not doing the drive twice a year any longer. 

It would have been easier to bring thenLK150, accessories and yarn than my Sewing/embroidery machine and all of its accessories, designs and material, threads, etc. I don't do that any longer. I don't enjoy it anymore. 

Back to machine knitting, I would like to be able to do a pair of socks by the end of the year, we will see. I do have the course. Are they difficult?

S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Cynthia,
No socks are not difficult, you just need to master short row shaping.
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Thanks, Sue. I look forward to reaching that point.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
And make sure each end stitch knits each row, if you are going to be  sewing up manually, so that the seams match correctly ...  20220127_135555.jpg 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
I knitted the rib afterwards, and did a sewn stretchy bind off 🙂
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Very nice. Thanks, Joy.
T S
Terri Smith

2 years ago
Really well done beautifully done. I find socks the most difficult to knit on the machine so far, I’m finding set in sleeves are proving to be challenging. Practice practice practice right?
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC