C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Sue,

Would it be possible to do a video showing why loose stitches and holes show up in a neckline and why it happens, and how to prevent it. Someone else also mentioned this, and I just posted a question about it in "what are you working on", category might be worded differently.

I do the short rowing. I tugged the end stitches a little to tighten them a little, in hopes of preventing this, When I rehang, and pick up 6 stitches at each end, it looks fine, I did have to re-tug because in the process, those end stitches of the rehung sections loosen up, again, and there are weights. 

When I knit across it is sloppy, loopy edge stitches. No matter what I do, this happens. I can hold the weighted yarn tails, and it still happens.

Could you do a video showing this issue, explaining why it happens? Then show how to prevent it, Videos, no matter who is doing them, go over this part so quickly and never show this issue happening, but I am thinking it happens often with new knitters.

Could you show it happening, and why, all the way from doing the neck and shoulder shaping, rehanging, picking up the needed stitches to the shoulder, allowing for what we are experiencing to happen? Explain why it happens? Then, could you show how to do it properly to eliminate that issue, pointing out when the issue starts and exactly what is being done to prevent it? 

I have never seen this explained, but have read others, new knitters, having this problem.

This is a cropped photo of the neckline of the sweater I just made:

A4FE1EE2-C6CF-42EB-B7C9-E9879A6DF9E9.jpeg 

Note the holes around the neck. I tightened some of them up when I stitched the sweater together by gathering the loop tighter. The actual sweater looks worse.

Thank you so very much.

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC